Hello,

Dear Visitor, Wherever you are in the world, Welcome to Around The World forum.

Many people may be surprised that Muslims love Mary (peace be upon her), the mother of Jesus (peace be upon him). In the Quran, no woman is given more attention than Mary(peace be upon her).

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: 'None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully. ' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

We would like to tell you NOW, a few things about the purpose of our forum: Around The World is twofold. First, it is to promote understanding between people from around the world. Secondly, it is to educate people on Islam, it's beliefs and practices.

We aspire to promote a good online communication experience for our members. I hope that you find your stay here beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and inshaAllah we benefit from each
other.

Thank you very much for visiting us and please let us make you aware of it : It is our aim That Every One of Our Visitors contributes feedback - good, bad or indifferent ...

Thank you for being a member of Around The World!

Guests can post on GUESTS RUN FORUM!

GAZA IN NEED

Go down

GAZA IN NEED

Post by Mohamed on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:01 pm

The misery in Gaza needs no introduction. Innocent Palestinians are suffering on a daily basis and basic food and medicines are in restricted supply. ...

http://www.humanappeal.org.uk/eshots/humaneshot39.html
Mohamed
Admin

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://mohamed-aroundtheworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: GAZA IN NEED

Post by shammy on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:24 am

Students return to Gaza schools still suffering from lack of heat and electricity

Nearly 400 government schools in Gaza have reopened their doors to a quarter of a million students returning from winter break – but teachers and children have been met with classrooms that have neither heat nor light due to reduced power supplies.

“Even before the fuel cuts, power shortages meant that children were already cold in classrooms,” said Saeed Harb, who runs schools in Rafah, Gaza’s southernmost district. “And many rooms didn’t have light simply because there were no longer any light bulbs in the market. Children are finding it almost impossible to learn, and you can see it in their failing marks.”

Restrictions on all but survival basics

Israel has restricted the entry of all but survival basics such as fuel, food and medicine into Gaza since June 2007, when Hamas took control. In October, energy supplies to Gaza’s 1.4 million residents were cut in response to cross-border rocket attacks, and in January all energy sources from within Israel were cut off following further attacks.

Gaza’s main power plant shut down three days later because of a lack of fuel, leaving households in large parts of the tiny coastal territory without light, heat or running water. Hospitals switched to emergency generators, cutting back on non-critical services. Sewage treatment shut down, and raw sewage was released into the sea at a rate of 30 million litres per day.

Israel has since agreed to restore energy supplies to Gaza, but well below the pre-June levels.

‘Children are bearing the brunt’

Mo’men Abu Al Sadeq, 10, is a student at Al Qasteena Basic School, west of Gaza City. His school has no heat, so students wear more sweaters.

When there’s no electricity at school, he said, “I panic because I can’t read well or do anything.” When there’s no electricity at home, Mo’men’s father buys gas light and candles so he can do homework. He said that power cuts can last from 8 to 10 hours a day in his neighbourhood.

January’s fuel cuts fell upon a population predominantly made up of children. “Some 56 per cent of Gazans are under 18 years old,” said UNICEF Special Representative Patricia McPhillips. “That means that children are bearing the brunt of restrictions – whether it is of food, fuel or school supplies.”

Enrolment levels and test scores also tell a story of deep decline.

“For months now, we skipped classes that were heavy on energy consumption, such as IT or science labs, and extracurricular activities,” said the principal of the Al Kahera Girls School, Sana Al Taweel. “We lack printing paper and chalk, and our fax machines, printers, overhead projectors and photocopiers need spare parts. Basically, children are being robbed of an education.”

Effect of daily hardships

Meanwhile, millions of dollars worth of school construction and renovation projects are on hold because of restrictions on imports of cement and building material, according to Chris Gunness, the spokesman for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, which runs 214 schools in Gaza.

UNICEF has been active in Gaza, delivering safe drinking water to 220 schools each day and providing emergency education supplies to make up for the lack of classroom resources. The organization is also supporting the construction of stationary water storage tanks and providing mobile tanks for emergency use, as well as aiding drainage projects in areas where sewage has accumulated and spilled into the streets.

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/oPt_42766.html

http://www.unicef.org/photoessays/42875.html
shammy

Number of posts : 547

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:08 am

One time after performing prayer, the imam turned to us and said, "I'll ask you a question, and by Allah, please be honest in your reply. Have you prayed for your Muslim brothers and sisters who are in crises, like those in Palestine and elsewhere? If you did, please raise your hands."

Even though the mosque was packed, no more than ten people raised their hands. When he saw this, he said, "How come some claim they are going to donate money or even sacrifice their lives for people whom they do not even include in their prayers for mercy from Allah?!"

After I heard that, I wondered, "When I say that I love my Muslim brothers and sisters, am I true to myself?" If I want to, then I should act in accordance with what I believe in and with what I say.

Dear brothers and sisters, as du`aa' (Arabic for: supplication) is the weapon of the believer and one of our duties toward distressed Muslims, then let's be up to our duty by always remembering them in our du`aa'.

What is the du`aa' you invoke Allah with to help Gazans in their current plight? Tell us and we will say "Amen"!

islamonline

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1199279887876&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah%2FLSELayout

Remembring Taif

"0, my Allah! To Thee I complain of the feeble-ness of my strength, of my lack of resources and my being unimportant in the eyes of people. 0, Most Merciful of all those capable of showing mercy! Thou art the Lord of the weak, and Thou art my own Lord. To whom art Thou to entrust me to an unsympathetic foe who would sullenly frown at me, or to an alien to whom Thou hast given control over my affairs? Not in the least do I care for anything except that I may have Thy protection for myself. I seek shelter in Your light-the light which illuminates the Heavens and dispels all sorts of darkness, and which controls all affairs in this world as well as in the Hereafter. May it never be that I should incur Thy wrath, or that Thou should be displeased with me. I must remove the cause of Thy displeasure till Thou art pleased. There is no strength nor power but through Thee."

Mohamed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohamed on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:57 am

Missing in Gaza... Bread

The father of seven toured Gaza City for hours trying to buy bread for his hungry children back home.
"I sought every single bakery around, and in each time the answer is the same: 'sorry no bread'," he told IslamOnline.net.
"It was like searching for a hidden treasure."

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1227616303702&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout
Mohamed
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down